The kebab gets its name, color and distinct flavor from the fresh herbs that are used.
If chicken and green chutney had to marry, there is no better place than a BBQ grill. That's what this recipe is all about; giving birth to deliciousness called "Kebab".
Boneless Chicken 3 Lbs (Cut into 1 inch cubes)
2-3 Bunches of fresh cilantro leaves
1 small bunch fresh mint leaves
10-12 Garlic Cloves
3-4 Inches Ginger Root
4-5 Green Chili, 1/2 Small Onion
1/2 Cup Thick Yogurt (Hung Yogurt or Sour Cream)
Salt - 1Tbsp
Turmeric - 1/2 Tbsp
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Garam Masala 1/2 Tbsp (I always make it fresh for this kebab to get enhanced flavor)
Coriander Powder 1 Tbsp
Smoked Jeera Powder 1 Tbsp
1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp Oil
1) Make hari (green) chutney paste by grinding fresh cilantro, mint, ginger, garlic, green chili and onion into s smooth paste.
2) In a big bowl, mix yogurt with green chutney paste. Add all the other ingredients and spices. Add in the chicken. Refrigerate the marinade for 3-4 hours at least (Overnight is best).
2) Grill the meat to perfection
You can put the meat on skewers, if grilling on an outdoor grill.
- Charcoal Grill - Until cooked and charred from outside.
- Oven - Bake it on 350F for 30 mins and Broil for 5 mins to get the charring.
- Gas Grill - Cooking time may vary as per the grill and temperature.